Shelley Welander Photography

This is OLD BLOG!!!! New blog in works She.we studio by appt. only 520-742-0441

Sunday, May 25, 2008

my walk to starbucks











I have been thinking about the way I see life... usually as a movie, or painting.. always in color with perfect lighting..  I was attending a 4 day workshop in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago, I would get up early around 5:30 A.M. and take a quick shower and then walk the streets of Los Angeles searching for a Starbucks : )  Yes, I am an addict.  I had camera in tow trying to capture what I love and hate most about Los Angeles the 10 years I lived here.  
I found the buildings structure most fascinating and rich with color, when I lived here I never noticed.  The graffiti was a blend of dirt and expression, not sure if it was truly on the hate list... (more on that later)  By the time I got into class I was always a bit shiny.. I walked about 3 miles and a 100 photos later, I was ready to start learning.  I remembered my ADD meds and had to type and take notes the whole time in order to keep my brain from wondering.  

In the evenings I would hang out with my girlfriends and shoot their portraits wearing my jewelry  she.we jewelry 
I saw 4 of my closest friends in Los Angeles, I wish I would have had more time with them.. especially you Leslie.  The time I had with Grayson meant more to me than anything else.
And I really want to thank Peter and Beth-Ami for everything : ) You guys are the best!
So, enough about my love for my friends in LA, I had to get home to my family and friends in Arizona. I missed my night time kisses so much! I missed my husband and needed a hug.
The days are a bit slower here, more relaxed. (The cigarettes in the photo are random!)
I am going to post some photos taken on my walk in the morning in search of coffee..  You may see what I see, you may see something completely different... that is the beauty of art. Interpretation.  
It is good to be back, and I miss you already. 

love,
shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment